AVAILABLE EXCLUSIVELY AS INHOUSE TRAINING FOR THE REST OF 2013
ABOUT THE COURSE
Do you have difficulty saying “no”, or speaking up to ensure your ideas and views are heard?
Or maybe your outspoken and aggressive approach hinders the progress you are trying to make?
Assertive behaviour enables us to act in our best interests and exercise personal rights without violating the rights of others or damaging relationships.
Assertiveness, Influence and Conflict Management for Women Managers is designed for women managers who want to find the balance, get things done and get what they want while building their credibility and integrity.
ADD EXTRA DELEGATE FOR JUST $1295 +GST* EACH
*2 DAY TRAINING ONLY. Registrations must be from the same company, made at the same time & the same course.
“I attended a Bright*star “Assertiveness, Influencing skills and Conflict Management for Women Managers” workshop in March this year. The techniques presented are practical and relate directly to the day to day challenges faced when in a management position. The workshop size was small and friendly and I came back to work with fresh ideas and renewed enthusiasm. The tutor was extremely knowledgeable and approachable, both her style and content were professional yet relaxed, it was obvious she has in depth knowledge and a passion for the subjects covered. I would not hesitate to attend another Bright*star course if the opportunity arises in the future.”
Kelly Ash, Chartered Accountant, Business One Ltd – attended in March 2013
“Pamela’s willingness to assist, her communication skills as someone to imitate, and her enthusiasm, was way beyond the advertised scope of the course!”
Nicola Kinzett, Self-employed, attended in March 2012
The myths and the mysteries around assertiveness
- The extremes and the middle ground of the assertiveness continuum
- ‘Assertiveness’ and ‘Aggressiveness’ – what is the difference and why it is an issue
- The passive-aggressive personality – what it is and why it occurs
- Defining aggression – why is it ok for some people and not ok for others
The assertive woman
- The art of assertiveness – what does it take to cultivate it?
- Common errors that prevent women from being clear and making themselves understood
- Becoming assertive - behaviour that can help your career growth
The gender gap
- Men and Women – why we’re different in our communication
- What research tells us about socialisation and how it might have influenced your ability to be assertive
- Avoiding the pitfalls – common mistakes that women make
- How not to diminish your message through body language
- Rationalising your thinking – avoiding the temptation to “act like a man”
Building your assertiveness strategy
- Appropriately applying the Assertiveness ‘Bill of Rights’
- Saying “no” when you need to and feeling great about it
- Identifying what has blocked you in the past and exploring new paradigms
- Unlearning and discarding ineffective old habits
- Moving to new heights – integrating diplomacy in your communication style
Delivering and receiving feedback
- Feedback techniques that you can use to help people to lift their game
- Delivering tough messages without getting shot
- Your response “toolkit” – phrases that help you to control your defensiveness
- Understanding the link between thought, language and behaviour
- Adopting a mutual respect stance to build your confidence levels
Managing and resolving conflict
- Exploring the relationship between co-operation and assertiveness
- Analysing your current conflict resolution style
- Identifying your anger buttons and putting aside your personal anger
- Identifying personal blocks that can stall you in a conflict situation
- Planning to confront and resolve an interpersonal conflict
- Detox from major conflict – how to free yourself and move on
Asserting influence to get you ahead in business and your career
- Understanding communication styles and how they can be managed
- Planning your message to achieve impact and maximise retention
- Tips and techniques that will help you to negotiate from a position of confidence
- Removing self-imposed barriers that can hinder your success in a negotiation
Pamela Cronin has more than 15 years' experience working with organisations across the public and private sectors.
Pamela’s reputation for achieving results through training makes her the ideal course facilitator for any management skills course. Her training combines rich, contemporary theory and stimulating activity, providing practical tips and advice.
Pamela’s professional and relaxed facilitation style helps participants to progress their skills and achieve insights relevant to their work. Pamela draws on her expertise in the areas of people management, business strategy, communication and team development to deliver challenging learning in a personable way. She is an accredited Team Management Index (TMI) Facilitator, and is the author of the Brooker’s New Zealand ‘Guide to Training and Development’. Pamela has a Masters in Business Administration (MBA), majoring in Service Management, Entrepreneurship and New Ventures and Tourism Marketing.
Pamela Cronin is also facilitating:
Add extra people for just $1295 applies to this event:
Register two or more people from your organisation on this course at the same time, and the second and subsequent people pay only $1295 + GST each.
|Dates||Location||Super saver price*||Last minute price|
|11 - 12 Mar, 2014||Wellington||$1995 + GST|
(SS Date: 18 Dec, 2013)
|$2295 + GST||Register|
* Super saver price available when you register and pay before the dates listed.