Strengthen your interpersonal skills to become an influential leader in your organisation. This course will help you develop greater self-confidence and self-awareness as a leader and help you identify and remove obstacles to outstanding performance for yourself and your team.
You will explore and deepen your understanding of what people expect from and respect in leaders. You will discover tools and strategies to enhance your reputation as a proactive, engaging and influential manager.
The strategic value of leadership
- Understand the differences between leadership and management
- Explore the different roles leaders can play– strategists, motivators, change agents, coaches managers, mentors & team members
- Understand the role of influence in leadership
- Learn how to develop your own leadership style for maximum influence & impact
Increase your influence
- Understand and leverage your personal power base
- Understand the ‘Imposter Syndrome’ and how that may be affecting you
- Manage your self-sabotaging behaviours and habits
- Develop your credibility
- Motivate and inspire the people you lead, and even those you don’t
- Gain buy-in for your ideas from others
Build relationships through good communication
- Understand different behavioural and communication styles
- Develop key communication skills to raise your profile
- Develop and manage partnerships and strategic alliances
- Voice your views, reach agreement and gain commitment
- Create productive relationships where each individual is engaged and contributes their best
Addressing conflict and disruptive behaviour
- Overcome the fear of conflict to address difficult or sensitive subjects
- Learn the steps to manage conflict successfully
- Understand how to remain calm and confident in difficult situations
- Learn how different personality types can clash unintentionally
- Your responsibility as a leader in the face of conflict
- How avoiding the problem can undermine your position
Leading through change to build your credentials
- Enhance your performance by learning to embrace uncertainty
- Understand the journey to change for individuals, teams and organisations so you can lead the way
- Enhance your ability to manage unexpected and unwanted change
- Strategically align your processes to support success
Harness the strategic influence of a high-performing team
- What a successful and high-performing team says about you as a leader
- Know what and when to delegate
- Empower your team to solve problems as a group and individually
- Effectively communicate your expectations (both as a manager and team member) to your colleagues
- Give powerful feedback in a productive and positive manner to achieve results
- Learn how to use coaching as a strategic tool to improve the effectiveness of individuals & teams
Yvonne McLean, B A Hons (Oxon), ACC (ICF), Associate Accredited Coach, The International Coach Federation
Yvonne is passionate about business culture, people and bringing out the best in people as they realise their true potential for themselves and for their organisations.
An Oxford University graduate, she was a lawyer in the UK and in New Zealand, for a career spanning some 20 years. The last seven and a half years of her legal career were spent as a Senior Executive within the UK Subsidiary of the Microsoft Corporation, working as the lead lawyer for the subsidiary and as a member of the Executive management team.
Yvonne is currently an Associate Accredited Coach with the coaching profession’s leading professional body, The International Coach Federation. Yvonne has been on the Leadership team of the ICFA (International Coach Federation Australasia) Auckland Sub-Chapter since 2007 and is currently President Elect of the Sub-Chapter. She is the 2010 Leader of the Auckland Local Area Group and Area Leader for the Northern Region of New Zealand for the ICFA.
Yvonne McLean, B A Hons (Oxon), ACC (ICF) is also facilitating:
Sorry, this event currently has no dates scheduled.