Services and capabilities in the Cloud are now common place and rapidly evolving. Office 365 is Microsoft's collection of Cloud based services that enable collaboration across different devices and different locations. In other words it enables users to access their data (email, documents, calendar, news) from almost any device, including mobile phones and tablets, at anytime and anywhere.
Office 365 combines the familiar Office desktop suite with cloud-based versions of Microsoft's next-generation communications and collaboration services to save time, improve IT cost efficiency and free-up valued resources.
Learn how you can start to leverage the Cloud using Office 365 successfully. There will be labs and case studies to reinforce and apply your new knowledge to the work environment.
The emergence of the Cloud
- What is the Cloud
- What really changes and what doesn’t
- Where it’s come from and where it’s going next
- Why Microsoft in the Cloud
Overview of Office 365
- Business features and benefits of Office 365
- Differences with BPOS and on-premise
- Business challenges these features address
Planning for transition (User-Driven Plan)
- Where do you start
- Planning for migration of on-premises technologies to Office 365
- Determining which areas of business are appropriate to move to the Cloud
- Risks and barriers to transition
- Potential vendor responsibilities during transition
- Importance of establishing an operational model
Overview of configuring and customising Office 365
- What type of configuring must be done
- What type of configuring and customising could be done
- What type of configuring and customising should be avoided
User adoption strategy
- Training and support for end users
- Training and support for administrators
- Change management support – When, what and how it’s happening
- What will change for end-users
- How the change will impact how they do their jobs
- When is this going to start and how long will it go on
Please note this is not a technical training on how to configure or customise Office 365 products and features. The course is aimed at providing insight and understanding of what Office 365 provides, where it can add value to the business, what can be achieved and the skills and investment needed.
Mark has been working with Microsoft content and collaboration technologies for over ten years for numerous New Zealand Government agencies, State Owned Enterprises, and private companies. Office 365 is the next evolutionary step in this journey bringing the business opportunities of Microsoft Office technologies without the cost and complication of the infrastructure. To compliment his technical SharePoint expertise Mark brings significant experience in business process, creative design, and information architecture to ensure that solutions are fit for purpose, easy to use and delivering value to the business. Much of his time is spent supporting clients in establishing enterprise strategies for Collaboration, Information Management, SharePoint and training people on how they can get the most out of SharePoint and now the Office 365 services.
Mark Orange is also facilitating: