Even the most confident and competent women leaders sometimes need time to step away and gain clarity about their roles. Bright*Star’s new Leadership Development for Women challenges you to think about your identity as leader, choose what you want, and work intentionally to make it happen.
While men and women are equally capable of effective leadership, research shows that we are strikingly different in how we promote our unique strengths and talents. Learn how you can strategically position yourself within the wider organisation as an influential and proactive leader. Gain the confidence to take risks, grab all opportunities for career progression, and exert greater influence over the choices you make.
Woman to Woman
Bright*Star’s Leadership Development for Women is all about creating a supportive environment of shared experiences, common issues, personal connection, candour, and trust.
This is your opportunity to discuss and practice new ways of acting and thinking that matches your purpose, values, and self-concepts, resulting in a stronger vision of your leadership and where you want to go.
Who should attend?
Whether you’re a new or experienced leader or aspiring to a leadership position, after attending this programme you will find yourself in a better position to be recognised for your true capabilities.
Also available as in-house programme
Bright*Star Training has the expertise to work with you to develop and retain your high-potential women executives and managers, allowing them to quickly and effectively move up the leadership pipeline.
New Skills you will learn
• Gain clarity about your strengths and role as a women leader
• Rewrite your perception of women in leadership roles
• Authenticity: Examine your personal values and sense of purpose
• Gain the confidence to promote yourself as a competent leader
• Learn how to build and leverage strategic networks
• Create a strategic plan for your future development
Introduction: The concept of leadership
• Establishing a benchmark: Examining the journeys of successful female leaders
• What does society expect from its leaders?
• Explore dimensions of leadership
• The operational context: How being a leader and being a woman interlink
Your identity as a leader: Who you are is how you lead
• Understanding different leadership styles and identifying your own
• Your personal values and sense of purpose
• Acknowledging and utilising your strengths and weaknesses as part of your leadership strategy
• Leading with all you are: why being authentic creates the best leadership platform
• The advantages of developing Emotional Intelligence competencies
• Men’s and women’s brains (neuro transmitters)
From the office to the boardroom: Operating in the wider organisation
• Building your presence and position as a leader
• Attitude, body language, voice
• Your image: dressing for success as a strong professional woman
• The rules of business: Understanding power dynamics and how gender comes into play
• Build a wide and strategic network of mentors and champions who will promote your career
• Making use of reciprocity without conforming to stereotypes
Communicate as a Leader
• Why the power of your vision needs the power of your voice
• 10 communication secrets of great leaders
• Communicating with passion, influence and confidence
• People don’t care how much you know until they know how much you care
• Why and how men and women communicate differently
• Introverts vs extroverts: where are you on the scale?
Standing up for yourself: When your leadership is challenged
• The fine art of female assertiveness
• Where does assertiveness come into play as a women leader?
• Dealing with challenges from colleagues
• Dealing with a difficult boss
• Putting your foot down with your team
• Learning how to work with people you don’t like
• Recover from losses quickly by learning to take things less personally
• Tried and true strategies to diffuse conflict plus common mistakes
Leading a team
• Leadership vs management
• How your leadership style translates into team management
• Building rapport with your teams whilst occupying the top spot
• High performing team/what makes an effective team?
• Knowing how and when to influence, inspire and motivate
• Flexibility in control: Maintaining momentum whilst avoiding micro management
Becoming a master of opportunity management
• How to take the lead in shaping conversations about your career
• Gaining a competitive advantage by taking smart career risks
• Getting out of your comfort zone and developing a more resilient mind set
• A business and a life: Finding the best balance for you and your values
• “My commitment to myself” – what is going to change from now on and how will you make it happen?
Pamela Cronin has more than 15 years' experience working with organisations across the public and private sectors.
Pamela’s reputation for achieving results through training makes her the ideal course facilitator for any management skills course. Her training combines rich, contemporary theory and stimulating activity, providing practical tips and advice.
Pamela’s professional and relaxed facilitation style helps participants to progress their skills and achieve insights relevant to their work. Pamela draws on her expertise in the areas of people management, business strategy, communication and team development to deliver challenging learning in a personable way. She is an accredited Team Management Index (TMI) Facilitator, and is the author of the Brooker’s New Zealand ‘Guide to Training and Development’. Pamela has a Masters in Business Administration (MBA), majoring in Service Management, Entrepreneurship and New Ventures and Tourism Marketing.
2+ delegates $500 Off applies to this event:
|Dates||Location||Super saver price*||Last minute price|
|3 - 4 Mar, 2016||Auckland||$1995 + GST|
(SS Date: 17 Dec, 2015)
|$2295 + GST|
|16 - 17 Mar, 2016||Christchurch||$1995 + GST|
(SS Date: 20 Jan, 2016)
|$2295 + GST|
|19 - 20 May, 2016||Wellington||$1995 + GST|
(SS Date: 24 Mar, 2016)
|$2295 + GST|
|7 - 8 Sep, 2016||Auckland||$1995 + GST|
(SS Date: 13 Jul, 2016)
|$2295 + GST|
|17 - 18 Nov, 2016||Wellington||$1995 + GST|
(SS Date: 23 Sep, 2016)
|$2295 + GST|
* Super saver price available when you register and pay before the dates listed.
Please note that a 2.5% surcharge applies to credit card payments on top of your total amount.