SharePoint online is one of the Office 365 services that brings the features and capabilities of SharePoint 2010 to the cloud. This empowers organisations to access and leverage the power of SharePoint without having to worry about the infrastructure and expertise required to support it.
This course is aimed at more technical people who need to increase their understanding of SharePoint features and capabilities, to understand SharePoint online as a service in the cloud, and to learn the fundamentals of configuring and managing SharePoint online. This course should help anyone considering, planning, implementing or managing SharePoint online.
Having attended this course you should be able to:
- Understand the emergence of the cloud and what Microsoft provides
- Understand what SharePoint online provides and how it can be leveraged
- Configure the fundamentals of SharePoint allowing the creation of common business solutions using out of the box SharePoint capabilities
- · Understand the critical areas of governance and user adoption for the best return on investment in SharePoint online
Who should attend:
Anyone considering, planning, implementing or managing SharePoint online.
IT Managers, Intranet Managers, Technical Business Analysts, Solution Architects, Developers
* A practical hands-on and exploratory training course every delegate will be provided with a laptop to apply and practise within a live SharePoint on the Office 365 Cloud environment
The emergence of the Cloud
- What is the Cloud
- What really changes and what doesn’t
- Storing information in the cloud – guidelines from the Government
- Office 365 Overview
Understanding SharePoint online
- Business features and benefits of SharePoint online
- Differences with BPOS and on-premise
- Business challenges these features address
Leveraging SharePoint online
- · The SharePoint platform versus the business solutions
- · The solutions scale – from out of the box to custom solutions
- · Integrated authentication
- · Solution spotlight
- The intranet
- Policy and procedure repository
- Team sites – document management and collaboration
- Personal profiles and sites
- · Collaborating and communicating with external partners and customers
Overview of configuring and customising SharePoint online
- · What type of configuring must be done
- · What type of configuring and customising could be done
- · What type of configuring and customising should be avoided
- · Third party products and cloud services
Governance and User adoption
- · SharePoint governance and operations
- · Change management and migration
- · Training and support for end users
- · Training and support for administrators
*Please note this is not step by step training on how to configure or customise specific SharePoint Online solutions or Office 365 products and features. The first goal is to provide insight and understanding of what SharePoint Online provides, where it can add value to the business, what can be achieved and the skills and investment needed. The second goal is to learn how to setup and configure the SharePoint online fundamentals that are the building blocks for business solutions.
Mark has been working with Microsoft content and collaboration technologies for over ten years for numerous New Zealand Government agencies, State Owned Enterprises, and private companies. Office 365 is the next evolutionary step in this journey bringing the business opportunities of Microsoft Office technologies without the cost and complication of the infrastructure. To compliment his technical SharePoint expertise Mark brings significant experience in business process, creative design, and information architecture to ensure that solutions are fit for purpose, easy to use and delivering value to the business. Much of his time is spent supporting clients in establishing enterprise strategies for Collaboration, Information Management, SharePoint and training people on how they can get the most out of SharePoint and now the Office 365 services.
Mark Orange is also facilitating:
Sorry, this event currently has no dates scheduled.