Clarifying Building Code Requirements for Builders, Consumers and BCAs
The Building Act is under review and public submissions have been sought. Three hundred and eighty one submissions were received and were published by the Department of Building and Housing (DBH) in June 2010.
Outline of content
- When considering the clarification of building code requirements for builders, consumers and BCAs how can we make building code requirements clear and unambiguous and do those using the Code understand it?
- What is happening as a result of the Building Act review?
- A rapidly changing world – Did you know?
- Learning to learn
- New Zealand Building Code
- What needs to be done in order to make the building code clear and unambiguous?
- Guidance documents
- Technical Guidance documents
- Generational influences