Legal & Governance Essentials for School Leaders 2022
Legal responsibilities and best practice for modern School Leaders
4 - 5 Jul 2022Ellerslie Event Centre, Auckland (Live or Virtual)
Providing essential updates for all school leaders to adapt to the shifting educational landscape and be prepared for the future.
The Legal & Governance Essentials for School Leaders is one of Aotearoa’s top conferences exploring the legal and regulatory requirements on schools and law as it applies in the education sector. As New Zealand moves into the next phase of living with COVID-19, school leaders need to be kept informed of the legal responsibilities of schools along with the associated issues around privacy, employment, health & wellbeing and more.
This engaging event will deliver crucial updates for school leadership teams and Boards across primary, intermediate and secondary education. Our panel of experts will examine and discuss leading methods for school governance, what school leaders need to know about education legislation and how they can best fulfill their obligations.
FEATURING THE LATEST UPDATES ON:
- Staying up to date on employment law
- Procedures for keeping private information
- Looking after employee’s and student’s mental wellbeing
- Managing COVID-19: What are school’s responsibilities once mandates are gone?
- Understanding School Boards and their role in school governance
- Exclusion and examining how schools can be more inclusive to students in need
Featured Expert Insights From:
Harrison Stone | Simpson Grierson | Bell Gully | Buddle Findlay Anderson Lloyd | Chen Palmer | Taylor Shaw | University of Auckland Jo Malcolm Media | Dyhrberg Drayton Employment Law | Duncan CotterillTeaching Council of Aotearoa New Zealand | Kate Sheppard Chambers