Advanced Contract Law for Non Lawyers
An advanced version of Contract Law for Non Lawyers, this course addresses the most recent and more complex contract law issues faced by executives. You will examine the issues in contracts – from conception to completion, including risk and dispute management, and termination in the event of a breach or disagreement.
You will learn how judges deal with issues of interpretation of contracts, and what you must do to ensure that ambiguity is avoided in documentation. The course features recent case studies of judges’ decisions, and their impact on contract law and practice.
Key Learning Outcomes
- The formation of process contracts and the associated risks
- Developing an appropriate structure for contracts
- How to design risk management processes for organisational contracting
- The legal rules which govern termination in contracts
- The rules relating to liquidated damages in contracts
- Drafting a dispute resolution process for contracting
Who Should Attend
Delegates are expected to have some knowledge of contract law. Otherwise it is advisable to attend Contract Law for Non Lawyers prior to Advanced Contract Law for Non Lawyers
Past Attendee Testimonial
"Terry is an excellent instructor with exceptional knowledge and real life experience and examples"
Kane Paekau, Major Project Business Manager, Fulton Hogan Ltd Corporate Office
CERTIFICATE OF ACCREDITATION
All attendees to a Brightstar course receive a Certificate of Accreditation acknowledging their training and their journey to New Skills, New Thinking.
Independent research has verified that this recognition is highly valued by your employees.