Applying lean thinking in your organisation
Understanding Lean Principles
- Getting to understand what your customer really values and how to deliver it.
- How to develop great processes and engage employees in the improvement journey
- Pull and flow, the principles companies struggle with
- Continuing to seek perfection and what that really means
- Examine the difference ways to implement change into your business.
- Develop a framework for implementation
- Understand the different roles and responsibilities for real transformation
- Discuss how Lean strategically fits into your organisation
- Thinking differently about how people see problems
- Apply and understand the power of 5s workplace organisation in any environment
- Develop a standard operating procedure and understand why they are so valuable
- Create a Value Stream Map and identify improvements
- The importance and simplicity of Action Plans
- How to manage improvements across an organisation
- Apply quick changeover principles in a practical manner
What to Measure
- dentify what you currently measure and if it reflects what the customer sees
- Develop a set of measures that focus on quality, cost and delivery from the customers eyes
- A framework for implementation in your organisation
- Focus on improving measures and engaging the workforce
- Creating the environment where people strive to improve
The impact change has on people
- Change is all around us, good and bad
- Why do we reject change and worry when we need to do something differently
- How do people overcome these challenges?
- What can management do to support the impact of change
- How Lean is seen from the eyes of support functions such as finance and HR
Differences between improvement methodologies
- What improvement methodologies are there?
- The history of Lean, Deming, Quality Circles, 6 Sigma and others
- The benefits they bring and why some have come and gone
- Hierarchical levels of improvement, strategic and operational
Attendees will also learn what makes a successful Lean journey. Whilst the tools and techniques are simple and easily understood many organisations fail to understand what is required to create a Lean organisation that will deliver consistent customer value. The day will identify the critical few, the success factors that make the difference between success and failure and ultimately a sustainable Lean organisation. Topics include:
- What does Best Practice Lean implementation look like
- How people react to change, the positive and negative
- How to communicate effectively, and why we get it so wrong
- We answer the question, if it’s so simple why do some companies fail?
- Where should change begin, and what does commitment look like