Assertiveness, Influencing Skills and Conflict Management for Women
If you are a woman manger looking to get things done and get what you need whilst building your credibility and integrity, this is the course for you. Gain a clear understanding of what assertiveness looks like and what it doesn't
Do you have difficulty saying “no”, or speaking up to ensure your ideas and views are heard? Or maybe your outspoken and aggressive approach hinders the progress you are trying to make?
Assertive behaviour enables us to act in our best interests and exercise personal rights without violating the rights of others or damaging relationships.
Key Learning Outcomes
- See through the common myths around gender communication
- Learn how social conditioning is influencing your communication
- Learn the pitfalls to avoid around communication, credibility and conflict
- The Assertive Woman – this can be you
- The art of assertiveness – what does it take to cultivate it?
- Assertiveness’ and ‘Aggressiveness’ – what is the difference?
- Exploring your skills in speaking up, being clear and authentic
- Saying “no” when you need to and feeling great about it
- Cultivate your power and influence
- Tackle conflict and courageous conversations
Who Should Attend?
Assertiveness, Influence and Conflict Management for Women Managers is designed for women managers who want to find the balance, get things done and get what they want while building their credibility and integrity.
Past Attendee Testimonials
“I attended a Brightstar Training “Assertiveness, Influencing skills and Conflict Management for Women Managers” course in March this year. The techniques presented are practical and relate directly to the day to day challenges faced when in a management position. The workshop size was small and friendly and I came back to work with fresh ideas and renewed enthusiasm. The tutor was extremely knowledgeable and approachable, both her style and content were professional yet relaxed, it was obvious she has in depth knowledge and a passion for the subjects covered. I would not hesitate to attend another Bright*star course if the opportunity arises in the future.”
Kelly Ash, Chartered Accountant, Business One Ltd
“Pamela’s willingness to assist, her communication skills as someone to imitate, and her enthusiasm, was way beyond the advertised scope of the course!”
Nicola Kinzett, Self-employed
CERTIFICATE OF ACCREDITATION
All attendees to a Brightstar course receive a Certificate of Accreditation acknowledging their training and their journey to New Skills, New Thinking.
Independent research has verified that this recognition is highly valued by your employees.