Best Practices in Asset Management
Assets in the built environment as well as the production environment comprise a huge investment for most companies, and millions of dollars are spent annually in maintenance and asset management programmes.
As maintaining and operating an asset portfolio swallows up a massive percentage of annual expenditure and management time, it is critical that these assets are managed to support organisational performance and enhance your bottom line.
Is there scope to improve your current asset management plan?
Do you have the appropriate asset data and information to support your asset enhancement decisions?
This 2 day information-packed, practical course is perfect for people responsible for the development, implementation or maintenance of an organisation's asset management strategy, systems, processes and delivery!
- Provide cost effective services in the right place at the right time to best suit your organisation’s strategic and business needs
- Develop and operate a sustainable asset and maintenance strategy
- Create strategies for maintaining or improving reliability of existing assets
- Understand and manage asset failure risk
- Identify the data and information systems needed for sound decision-making
- Justify asset enhancement spend
- Make strategic decision around what assets to increase, what to reduce and what to modify
- Improve your return on assets
- Built your asset management plan
Best Practice Strategic Asset Management explores:
- Key Asset Management concepts and principles
- The Benefits of Asset Management
- The GFMAM Asset Management Landscape
- Defining Asset Management Policy & Strategy & Planning
- Asset Management Policy: how and why it is developed.
- Effective Asset Management Strategies and Plans
- Strategic Asset Management Plans (SAMP): their development and how this impacts on their roles and functions.
- Asset Management Plans, in the context of ISO 55000, including costings, contingency planning and communicating the plan
- Implementing Asset Management Plans and Systems
- The role of Risk Management in effective Asset Management
- Asset Management Performance Measurement and Improvement
- Building an Asset Management Organisation
- Assessing Asset Management Risk and Performance
Participants will be involved in class and group discussions facilitated by Jack Crutzen, an experienced and practical asset management practitioner.
The course assumes that participants are familiar with some fundamental concepts of asset management, however a brief refresher on those concepts is undertaken in the first module of this course.
Participants will receive some pre-course reading material on asset management.
Who should attend
- Facilities and/or Asset managers
- maintenance staff wishing an overview of the key elements and benefits of effective Asset Management
- Anyone else requiring an introduction to the key principles underpinning effective Asset Management
CERTIFICATE OF ACCREDITATION
All attendees to a Brightstar course receive a Certificate of Accreditation acknowledging their training and their journey to New Skills, New Thinking.
Independent research has verified that this recognition is highly valued by your employees.