Building, Managing and Motivating High Performance Teams
Building and Balancing your Team
- Team design – why there’s not just ONE recipe for the perfect team
- Understanding the elements of a ‘High Performance Team’
- Finding the right talent – recruiting the people who best fit your needs
- Optimising diversity – learning from each other and creating a rich team
Trust and Transparency
- Developing relationships that work for your team members
- Recognising the ‘pitfalls’ and opportunities of ‘team-building’ - does it really work?
- Crafting a team ethos – establishing the ‘norms’ and expectations within your team
- Learning to be the trusted advisor – the challenge of being first among equals
Clarity and Commitment
- Getting your ducks in a row – are the goals and purpose of your team really that clear?
- Making it real – weaving the purpose and goals into everyday language and thinking
- Communicating the big picture and your expectations in a way that energises your team
Energy and Engagement
- What’s most important in harmonising your team?
- Communicating like never before – understanding why the way team members interact is more critical to success than any other single factor
- Exploring how your team currently communicates – finding the strengths and weaknesses
- Simple ways to boost the energy and engagement of your team
Debate and Discord
- Reframing divergence, disagreement and differences of opinion
- Designing ways to enable reliably healthy conflict in your team
- Exploring decision-making practices in your team – do they work for or against you?
Answerability and Accountability
- Understanding the power of peer pressure
- Providing feedback in a way that helps people to lift their game
- Simple 3-step intervention methods that can help correct performance
Synergy and Success
- Factoring reflection and innovation into team processes
- Real time feedback – what do your team want to know everyday and how can you deliver?
- The rules of resilience – how to support your team and enable them to bounce back
- Change and transformation – taking people along with you even when they don’t agree