Building a Successful Business Case
A business case is a logical, fact-based explanation of the reasons why a new project or idea should go ahead. Today’s business environment holds little tolerance for management error and at the same time requires rock-solid accountability for every decision made. It is therefore critical that major projects and new ventures are supported by a water-tight business case.
This training course will demonstrate how you can deliver credible, fact-based explanations for a recommended course of action. You will find out how to prepare business cases that are credible, accurate and of practical value, while learning to identify the associated financial costs, risks and returns.
Key Learning Outcomes
- Understand the vital components of a business case
- Discover how to present a clear, concise, fact-based case for your project
- Evaluate techniques for building credibility as you prepare your case
- Prepare a comprehensive cost/benefit study
- Understand how to measure the full range of business benefits - even the so-called “intangibles”
- Examine appropriate techniques for preparing a financial justification for your project
- Understand how to calculate payback, cash flow rate of return, accounting rate of return, NPV and IRR
- Learn how to package and present your business case results for maximum impact
- Discover how to prepare a concise Executive Summary
- Improve the odds of securing approval for your project
Who Should Attend
- Project Directors & Managers
- Business Development Managers
- Senior Managers
- Commercial Managers & Advisors
- Planning & Development Managers
- Business Analysts
- Investment Managers
- Finance Managers
- IT Managers
CERTIFICATE OF ACCREDITATION
All attendees to a Brightstar course receive a Certificate of Accreditation acknowledging their training and their journey to New Skills, New Thinking.
Independent research has verified that this recognition is highly valued by your employees.