Business Finance & Accounting for the Non Financial Manager
A 2-day intensive and practical course
Managers, especially those new to management positions, need to not only be adept at their specific area of expertise, but also to be able to confidently and competently manage the financial health of their business unit. A firm grasp of key finance and accounting concepts is seen as essential for career progression and your effective participation in the strategic and financial decision-making and analysis required of you by your Executive Leadership Team.
This in-depth and intensive 2-day course is designed specifically for you. It gives you the knowledge and confidence so that you understand:
- Why accounting, finance & the numbers matter
- The key building blocks of financial control
- Cash flow – your lifeblood
- Managing a profit or cost centre
- Your new manager’s guide to budgeting
- How to draw it all together for effective decision making
Key Learning Outcomes:
- Clarity and confidence in your knowledge of business finance & accounting principles and terms
- The ability to connect facts with figures and communicate with your Executive Leadership Team in financial terms
- Understanding of the building blocks of the financial control of your business unit
- Insight into how cash flow must be managed
- The building blocks to assist you in budgeting
- Knowledge of how to deploy your new understanding of finance & accounting in your business decision making
Who Should Attend
Managers, Heads of Departments, Team Leaders, Business Unit Leaders, General Managers and those new to management positions.
CERTIFICATE OF ACCREDITATION
All attendees to a Brightstar course receive a Certificate of Accreditation acknowledging their training and their journey to New Skills, New Thinking.
Independent research has verified that this recognition is highly valued by your employees.