Conducting Effective Health & Safety Audits
Safety audits are an essential part of good business operations as they help you identify weaknesses in a health & safety management system. A sound health & safety management system enables an organisation’s compliance with statutory requirements. By gaining an in-depth insight into the audit process, standards, regulations and requirements, you will be better placed to protect your employees from accidents and subsequent down-time.
Conducting Effective Health & Safety Audits has been designed to help you formulate an effective health & safety management audit process. We begin this course by establishing a clear understanding of the fundamentals of an auditable health & safety management system. For greater learning effect, we will focus on:
- Interpreting requirements of legislation and other standards
- Establishing audit and remit scope
- Setting standards for health & safety management systems audit
- Common pitfalls to avoid
Key Learning Outcomes
- You will learn how to document health & safety audits, including tips on what to include in the audit report, recommendations and non-conformances.
- You will also be taken through reporting the health & safety results to management, conclusions and recommendations.
- Attending this course will give you the essential skills to conduct effective safety audits and you will:
- Find out more about the current developments in Health & Safety Management and the audit scope
- Understand relevant legislation and compliance
- How to develop internal auditing standards
- How to make progressive improvements by setting standards for Health & Safety Management Systems audit
- Recognising the sources of risk and methods of risk management
- Identify health hazard and safety hazards
- Redefine your role and accountabilities as a Health & Safety professional
- Understand the audit process, standards, regulations and requirements
- Interpret requirements of legislation and other standards
- Will be able to identify health hazards and safety hazards and prioritise risks
- Will recognise what constitutes an effective safety audit, its purpose and value
- Wii be able to establish guidelines for the health & safety management audit
- Use the audit process to improve management system
- Make progressive improvements by setting standards for health & safety management systems audit
CERTIFICATE OF ACCREDITATION
All attendees to a Brightstar course receive a Certificate of Accreditation acknowledging their training and their journey to New Skills, New Thinking.
Independent research has verified that this recognition is highly valued by your employees.