Confidentiality & Privacy Law for Health Providers
Privacy can mean different things to different people and cultures, and is a particular minefield for those in the health care sector.
Privacy in New Zealand is legislated under the Privacy Act 1993 and tort law. Confidentiality & Privacy for Healthcare Providers will provide you with the information and tools you need to ensure that you maintain the balance between patient welfare, family requirements and privacy law, giving you more time to focus on what’s really important - your patients!
A must attend for anyone involved with healthcare, particularly those with an interest in medical, mental health or privacy law.
Key Learning Outcomes
- Understand your patients’ rights to privacy
- Gain a working knowledge of the Privacy Act 1993 & Health Information Privacy Code
- Gain practical tools compliance with legislation
- Balance legal rights to privacy vs clinical demands
- Understand interface with the OIA
- Confidentiality and Liability
- Ensure Security of Information
CERTIFICATE OF ACCREDITATION
All attendees to a Brightstar course receive a Certificate of Accreditation acknowledging their training and their journey to New Skills, New Thinking.
Independent research has verified that this recognition is highly valued by your employees.