Contract Law for Non Lawyers
Face to Face and Online Course
- 24 - 26 Feb 2021
- Super saver price $1399 + GST
- Super saver ends on 21 Dec - Save $100
- Last minute price $1499 + GST
Contract Law for Non Lawyers is an intensely practical guide through the essentials of contract law, exploring such details as when a contract will be required, when you have a contract (and don’t necessarily know it), what types of contract exist and the effect of statutes on your contractual arrangements.
This popular training course also scrutinises what happens when things go wrong, including how you can get out of a contract, options for assessing damages and remedies for breach and looking at the contractual implications of working in an e-commerce environment. You will grasp the crucial ingredients required for a good contract, and gain tips for understanding contractual material.
Key learning Outcomes
• Learn the essential ingredients to a contract
• The offer, acceptance and certainty
• Create contracts that can be enforced
• Lessons on how to create good contracts – form, content
• Reviewing your contract from a risk management perspective
• Tips for reading contracts
• Estoppel – the double-edged sword
• Statutory impact on contract law
• When contracts can be set aside
• Reviewing remedies for breach or repudiation
• Assessing damages – what are your risks?
Who Should Attend
Those involved with drafting or editing contracts, and those wanting more knowledge around how contracts may impact themselves and their organisations.
Past Attendee Testimonials
"Excellent course, met expectations, informative, good content and entertaining" Dave Daly, Purchasing Manager, Ballance Agri-Nutrients Ltd
"I found Terry to be personable, interesting, engaging & easy to understand with great examples" Louise Morten, Contract Analyst, Department of Corrections
CERTIFICATE OF ACCREDITATION
All attendees to a Brightstar course receive a Certificate of Accreditation acknowledging their training and their journey to New Skills, New Thinking.
Independent research has verified that this recognition is highly valued by your employees.