Crisis Communications & Social Media
This course will teach you how to implement a communications plan including social media response to use in different types of crises; whether a major emergency or a business-related crisis. You will learn how to ready your communication function to respond rapidly and effectively in a crisis to manage perceptions in media and online.
Case studies, practical exercises and scenario testing will be used to demonstrate how easy it is to get caught out and help you internalise the practical steps you can take now to ensure your crisis communications are ready to face any type of situation.
Key Learning Outcomes
- How to develop a practical plan to respond effectively to any type of crisis
- Establish your organisation’s readiness for crisis communication activities to mitigate reputational damage
- Understand the information needs of different groups of stakeholders (customers, employees, authorities, the wider public, the media
- Understand what information will be needed so you can plan ahead
- Learn how to make social media an integral part of any communication response
- Know what needs to be said by whom and when
Who Should Attend
- Communications Managers
- Public Relations Managers
- Crisis/Contingency/Emergency Manager
- Continuity Manager
- Planning Advisor/Manager
- Emergency Response Coordinator
- Business Resiliency Manager
CERTIFICATE OF ACCREDITATION
All attendees to a Brightstar course receive a Certificate of Accreditation acknowledging their training and their journey to New Skills, New Thinking.
Independent research has verified that this recognition is highly valued by your employees.