Fundamentals of the New Zealand Electricity Industry
Face to Face Traiining & Online
New facilitator & New Content
As a non-technical manager working in or with the NZ electricity industry, this course will give you a strong foundation knowledge and general understanding of how the New Zealand electricity industry operates from a technical, business and political perspective. Learn about the principles underpinning electricity market functions, the roles of key industry players and regulators, impacts of potential reform and forces shaping the power industry, including landscape shifting changes such as electric vehicles. Gain insight into key global trends that are likely to shape NZ industry and much more.
Gain a rounded-off understanding of the environment in which you operate and what forces are working to influence the success of your organisation. Understand the shape of the market, the key players, key technical concepts & how the electricity industry operates including: generation, transmission, distribution and retail sectors.
Key Learning Outcomes
- Understand the shape of the market and how it works
- Gain an understanding of electricity industry jargon and technical terms
- Understand how the electricity industry operates including: Generation, Transmission, Distribution and Retail sectors
- Understand key legislation and market influences such as weather, price and the role of regulators
- Get an outlook on future trends for the industry, new opportunities & challenges
CERTIFICATE OF ACCREDITATION
All attendees to a Brightstar course receive a Certificate of Accreditation acknowledging their training and their journey to New Skills, New Thinking.
Independent research has verified that this recognition is highly valued by your employees.