Governance and Board Management Skills for EAs & PAs
Face to Face Course
Understand what good governance looks like and how you as the EA/PA can assist the Board, CEO and Management to achieve it. We will examine what the EA’s role and responsibilities are as a Board secretary, and take you through best practice examples of Board agendas, papers, and minutes.
The Masterclass will use a mix of presentation, case studies, exercises, and open discussion.
Key Learning Outcomes
- Understand the principles of good corporate governance
- Review common board structures and roles
- Dive into board practice & processes
- Roles and responsibilities of the board, CEO and management
- Your role as the EA as Board Secretary
- The critical importance of confidentiality, security and retention records
- Understand directors’ legal duties and obligations
- Explore the changing role of and expectations placed on the board
Past Participant Testimonials
“After attending this course, I have to say that it was the most worthwhile course I have been on. Presenter was of excellent standard and the content totally relevant to my needs to work with our Board. I learnt a lot from the course which I will be putting into action. I would recommend the course to any EA/PA who has to deal with and attend board meetings”.
Nann Berry, Executive Assistant Ngāi Tahu
"The day well spent with very experienced & knowedgeable facilitator"
Vicki Faint, Executive Assistant to Vice-Chancellor, Victoria University of Wellington
"Anne's wealth of experience as a Board Director gave huge insight in the governance of Boards. Great Facilitating & brilliant facilitator"
Peggy Bourse, Administration, North Shore Hospice
CERTIFICATE OF ACCREDITATION
All attendees to a Brightstar course receive a Certificate of Accreditation acknowledging their training and their journey to New Skills, New Thinking.
Independent research has verified that this recognition is highly valued by your employees.