Leadership Development for Women
Interactive online training course
- 10 - 11 Nov 2020
- Early bird price $2199 + GST
- Early bird ends on 6 Oct - Save $200
- Last minute price $2399 + GST
- 17 - 19 Feb 2021
- interactive Online Course, 9:00am to 1:00pm NZT
- Super saver price $1399 + GST
- Super saver ends on 18 Dec - Save $100
- Last minute price $1499 + GST
Part 1: SHAPE – define and create your leadership identity
- Leader or Manager – what’s the difference and why does it matter?
Clarifying the relationship between managing and leading, and what they mean in practice
- The evolution of leadership – why do ideas about leadership keep changing?
Leadership ideas keep developing over time, but how do you know what’s still relevant?
- What do we expect of our Leaders - exploring contemporary leadership thinking
Why progressive leaders never stop learning and examining new leadership insights and ideas
- Leading with all you are – what is authenticity and why does it matter?
People can spot leaders who aren’t authentic a mile off, but how do you operate authentically?
- How your values underpin everything you do as a Leader
When did you last really think about what you stand for, both as an individual and as a Leader?
- Self-mastery and character – exploring your unique character strengths
Throughout history, great leaders have been recognised for character strengths – what are yours?
- How your talents align to your leadership capability
Talents are different to strengths – what do you bring to the table?
- Understanding your purpose – what do you want to achieve from your lifetime of work?
Cultivate your focus about the “big picture” of your aspirations and your purpose
Part 2: FITNESS - develop your leadership capability and confidence
- Leadership blind spots – tackling behaviours that can derail you as a leader
Anticipate and avoid the common pitfalls that can damage your leadership impact
- Recognising the simple things that can help or hinder your success as a female leader
What are some of the more common behaviours or habits that can be limiting for women?
- Insights from powerful women leaders to inspire and focus you
Some of the most inspirational advice can come from other women who have excelled as leaders
- Backing yourself – does your approach to assertiveness work for you?
Examining your relationship with assertiveness and how you can shape your own behaviour
- Credibility and influence – how can you consciously create more impact?
Practical things to be mindful of when you need to make yourself more powerful
- Must I be an extrovert to lead effectively? Celebrating the power of introversion
Exploring the myth that all leaders need to be high on the extroversion scale
- Same situation: different meaning – are men and women really from different planets?
What part does gender play in communication, relationships, perception and power?
- IQ, EQ and multiple intelligences – why leaders need more than just competence
What IS EQ anyway? And how does it impact on leadership success?
Part 3: ENDURANCE – cultivate culture, performance and your leadership legacy
- What is a high-performance team and what makes some teams stronger than others?
Key characteristics that enable high performance teams to evolve and excel
- How leaders strengthen teamwork and help their teams to evolve
Can teams really self-manage? What part does leadership play in team performance?
- The art of ‘culturing’ – demystifying one of the greatest challenges for leaders
Key considerations for leaders when trying to build a new culture, or change an existing one
- Switching to modern-day motivational paradigms and tapping into what works
Ideas around motivation have changed and there are three core concepts for leaders to understand
- What do leaders need to know about change?
The connection between leading process and leading people during change
- How innovation differs from change and why it dominates leadership thinking globally
Understanding how Moore’s Law, technology and disruption are changing everything
- Getting the balance right – plan for your life, not just for your career
Five things you can do to start the process of designing your “big picture”
- Leaving self-doubt behind and stepping out of your comfort zone
In 2017, 49.5% of world population is female – what does it take to get us to a world of 50:50 leadership?