Management Skills for New Managers, Team Leaders and Supervisors
Most new managers and supervisors are literally thrown in the deep end, but managing people require a completely different skill set than managing tasks. The transition from being an individual contributor to someone responsible for the work of others and team performance results in a steep learning curve.
Learn how to motivate, delegate, communicate and lead. Play to your strengths and improve on key weakness areas. With an emphasis on building high achieving teams, dealing with an increased workload and developing the influence, assertiveness and confidence necessary to be an effective manager or supervisor – this course will ensure you hit the ground running.
Key Learning Outcomes
- How to grow as a manager
- Defining your role and new responsibilities
- Motivating and engaging your team
- Communicating effectively with different personalities in your team
- Asserting yourself as a new manager
- How to handle difficult situations
- The fundamentals of managing & motivating people for improved performance
- Set team goals, roles and expectations
- Plan and manage your new and greater workload
- Know what success is as a manager
Who Should Attend?
- New managers
- Team leaders
- Anyone with staff reporting to them
- People managers in their role less than 5 years
Past Participant Testimonials
"This course has not only given me the skills to be a better manager but a more contributing and constructive team member"
Joelle Bruere, Product Manager - Fresh Foods, Foodstuffs
"Excellent course on skills required by new managers, clear & concise with very practical tips to take back to your role"
Tania Macbeth, Project Specialist Representative, Roche Products Lt
“Elaine was fantastic. Her presentation skills were excellent and everything we discussed was related back to how we can implement that as tool – skill. She was very personable and made us feel included.”
Gillian Brown, Licensing Advisor – Medical, Civil Aviation Authority NZ
CERTIFICATE OF ACCREDITATION
All attendees to a Brightstar course receive a Certificate of Accreditation acknowledging their training and their journey to New Skills, New Thinking.
Independent research has verified that this recognition is highly valued by your employees.