Managing Conflict in the Workplace
Conflict at work can take many forms and they are inevitable. Not all conflicts are bad as it is bound to happen as ideas and opinions clash. It can be the beginning of an interesting learning process as conflict is a normal and natural part of our lives. It is after all only through conflict that an awareness of the need for some necessary changes can be made at the workplace.
As a manager, the ability to manage conflict within the workplace is critical as unresolved or unmanaged conflict can quickly escalate and stifle an organisation’s progress. Unresolved conflict can result in behaviours such as physical or emotional withdrawal, stress, resignation from jobs, aggression and thus reduced productivity.
This course will take you through various techniques and skills to help you approach and manage conflicts more effectively.
Key Learning Outcomes
- Provide a systematic approach to preparing for possible conflict
- Learn how to better diagnose the “problem” or situation
- Gain cooperation and improve relationships
- Develop a clearer understanding of your personal conflict management styles
- Avoid the cost and hassle of badly managed conflict situations
- Improve your team’s capability to use conflict constructively
CERTIFICATE OF ACCREDITATION
All attendees to a Brightstar course receive a Certificate of Accreditation acknowledging their training and their journey to New Skills, New Thinking.
Independent research has verified that this recognition is highly valued by your employees.