Managing Efficient Shutdowns & Turnarounds
Planning and managing shutdowns, turnarounds and outages in the process and manufacturing plant environment is a complex and demanding function. If turnarounds are not properly planned, managed and controlled, companies run the risks of serious budget overruns, costly schedule delays and negative impacts on customers.
Key Learning Outcomes
- How to develop a shutdown/turnaround strategy
- Management of all stages of the shutdown process
- Develop the management plan, work plans, resource plans and budget
- How to management related issues such as risk and safety
- Enhance your company’s turnaround management capabilities, and to ensure a team approach in the planning and execution of plant shutdowns and turnarounds
- Provide a comprehensive understanding of effective turnaround management techniques and implementation
- Create awareness of planning methods and an integrated organisational approach in the execution of successful turnarounds
- Incorporate latest developments in turnaround planning and management techniques and emerging industry trends
Managing shutdowns, turnarounds and outages is a hands-on, stimulating learning experience. This course will be highly interactive, with opportunities to advance your opinions and ideas. Participation is encouraged in a supportive environment.
To ensure the concepts introduced during the course are understood, they will be reinforced through a mix of learning methods, including lecture style presentation, open discussion, case studies, simulations and group work.
Who should attend?
This training course is designed to address the needs of:
- Shutdown or turnaround managers and coordinators
- Planning/scheduling and cost control staff
- Construction superintendents and supervisors
- Operations shutdown/outage coordinators
- Project engineers and contract administrators
Participation from inspection, materials, safety and maintenance engineering is also encouraged.
CERTIFICATE OF ACCREDITATION
All attendees to a Brightstar course receive a Certificate of Accreditation acknowledging their training and their journey to New Skills, New Thinking.
Independent research has verified that this recognition is highly valued by your employees.