Managing & Leading in a Multi-Cultural, Multi-Generational & Diverse Workplace
Smart, successful and profitable organisations welcome people from diverse backgrounds, cultures & generations. In those circumstances, a range of world views and practical considerations are at play. Modern organisations need leaders and managers who are attuned to these needs so that obstacles to success (both legal & practical) are avoided and the best business performance is achieved.
This new training course aims to support Managers & Leaders by increasing awareness of the benefits and giving the insight & skills to avoid potential traps in managing diversity.
The course is highly participative and will give you insights & skills to manage & lead diversity. It encourages a proactive approach to facilitate diversity, inclusion & access for all, minimising the disadvantaging any group or individual.
Key Learning Outcomes
This training course will support leaders to:
- Understand diversity, inclusion and access and why they have emerged as critical business areas
- Outline an evidence-based framework for understanding cross cultural differences
- Identify characteristics, behaviours and motivations of people from different generations and at different life stage
- Develop strategies to reflect on own biases, judgements and thought processes
- Build and promote an inclusive working environment
- Explore how interviewing, delegating, communicating, providing feedback, and conducting meetings can be enhanced
- Understand the leader’s role in building effective, diverse teams
- Practice leadership skills which support effective communication
Who will benefit from attending?
- Senior Managers
- All supervisors, department heads, line-of-business managers
- Human resources and employment relations teams
- Anyone managing teams
- Anyone interested in developing their leadership responsiveness
CERTIFICATE OF ACCREDITATION
All attendees to a Brightstar course receive a Certificate of Accreditation acknowledging their training and their journey to New Skills, New Thinking.
Independent research has verified that this recognition is highly valued by your employees.