Managing Restructuring & Redundancies
To enhance and minimise loss of company value in this increasingly competitive and technologically advanced global and local economy, restructuring and redundancies are gradually becoming commonplace throughout the economy.
Nevertheless, restructuring and redundancy is a serious matter. Thus any employer considering a restructuring and redundancy plan would have to consider the provisions, entitlements, alternatives of any compensation concerning restructuring and redundancy that may apply to affected employees.
Restructuring and redundancy can be seen as a particularly damaging form of change on those made redundant as well as survivors. Worst of all, if the restructuring and redundancy plan fails to achieve the objectives on which it was justified, it may give rise to further unfavourable consequences.
Due to recent demands for a course on this topic, This corse has been designed with various issues and contexts relevant to the New Zealand industrial environment. And to put all your learning into practice, you will be drafting a comprehensive restructuring proposal with step-by-step guidance from our facilitators who are highly regarded experts in this area.
Key Learning Outcomes
- Explore critical issues of restructuring in NZ
- Identify and understand the implications of redundancy on employers and employees
- Find out when redundancy entitlements are applicable and alternatives to redundancy
- Study and understand clauses and protection provisions in employment agreements
- Learn real-life lessons from past cases
- Find out how you can add value to the consultation and selection process
- Be able to draft out a restructuring proposal confidently through hands-on practical exercises
CERTIFICATE OF ACCREDITATION
All attendees to a Brightstar course receive a Certificate of Accreditation acknowledging their training and their journey to New Skills, New Thinking.
Independent research has verified that this recognition is highly valued by your employees.