Partnering with your manager
Develop a trusting partnership with your manager or multiple managers by taking on more responsibility, improving your business acumen and delivering excellent assistant support.
As Executive Assistants, Personal Assistants and Administration professionals today are more closely involved with managers in decision making and problem solving at work, it's not surprising that you might find yourself increasingly called upon to communicate, plan, solve problems and make decisions on behalf of your manager.
Designed to enhance and improve your ability to support your managers and their position, you'll understand and learn techniques to be more effective at anticipating your managers’ needs, deal with prickly personalities, use your influence, gain confidence, build trust and be more empowered to proactively manage situations that will impact on your manager.
Key Learning Outcomes
- Define your role and partnership with your managers
- Get more autonomy and authority to handle information
- Understand personality and its influence on types of behaviour
- Use influence & understanding to establish cooperation and compromise with difficult personalities
- Gain your manager’s trust in problem solving and decision making
- Learn to represent your manager in a professional manner
Past Attendee Testimonial
"Great ideas on how to utilise my skills, improve communication with my manager and how to improve my time management and think more strategically when dealing with my manager”
Lilly Bodewes, EA to GM HR & General Counsel, Mitre 10
CERTIFICATE OF ACCREDITATION
All attendees to a Brightstar course receive a Certificate of Accreditation acknowledging their training and their journey to New Skills, New Thinking.
Independent research has verified that this recognition is highly valued by your employees.