The Project & Event Management Masterclass
Day 1 – Event Management
What does Event Management involve?
- How is an event different to a project?
- What are the roles and responsibilities in event management teams?
Taking the brief
- Clarifying expectations for the event
- Covering all the bases in taking your event brief
- Being clear about tasks and timelines
- Recognising task interdependencies
Setting and managing a budget
- What should be in your event budget?
- Using your budget as a pivotal event management tool
Securing event sponsorship
- Identifying potential sponsors and designing sponsorship packages
- What’s your sponsorship value proposition?
- Why and how are event plans used?
- What’s typically in an event plan?
Venues, technology and logistics
- Selecting the right venue for your event
- Exploring event technologies that enhance your event
- Run sheets and event logistics
Evaluating your event
- Debriefing from your event and capturing lessons learned
- Gathering insights from event participants to help shape your next event
Day 2 – Project Management
Being a Project Manager
- Gaining clarity around the role and responsibilities of a Project Manager
- Challenges, pitfalls and core competencies in project management
The Science of Project Management
- What are the most common approaches and methodologies in managing projects?
- What do you need to know about project life-cycle?
- Understanding basic feasibility
- Exploring cost-benefit analysis
Project Plans and Charters
- What’s in a Project Charter?
- Guidance for writing a Project Plan
Scoping the project
- Exploring the project deliverables and variables
- What is the ‘Iron Triangle’ of Project Management?
Identifying and managing risks
- 5 Key steps in managing project risks
- Exploring common risk factors
Understanding your stakeholders
- Using the responsibility matrix
- Analysing and prioritising stakeholders
Evaluating your project
- Why debriefs are so critical
- Post-Implementation Review – what is it and what does it look like?