Project Management Essentials
- Ever have problems getting tight timeframe projects to finish on time?
- Do your projects fail to add the business value you wanted and in meeting everyone’s expectations?
- Have problems getting buy-in from everyone involved with your projects?
- Need a good overview of project management essentials?
Then our Project Management Essentials training course will provide the answers you need.
This intensive two-day training course focuses on how to maximise value for the project and organisation by applying project management essentials. Most time is spent on the 20% of effort that delivers 80% of project value.
During this course, you will be given a solid introduction to project management tools, techniques and methodologies including international trends and best practice project management techniques. You will be taken through a project life cycle from project initiation to the close-out stage. Finally there is a demo of using Microsoft Project to create high value dynamic schedules that clearly communicate how a project will be successfully delivered (the techniques shown are applicable to schedules created with any tool).
Key Learning Outcomes
- Learn how to develop and lead successful project teams by getting it right from the beginning
- Communication techniques for managing the project
- Plan your project – keys to successful completion
- Understand the key steps in designing, planning, scheduling and implementing your project
- Track your project's progress – tracking & measurement tools
- Explore project scheduling
- Arm yourself with effective tools for assessing and managing project risk
- Develop key project cost management skills to accurately estimate how much a project will cost
- Understand the contracting process for project management to gain better control over achieving your objectives
- Techniques for closing out your project
Who Should Attend
- Project Manager
- Project Lead
- Team Leader
- Business Development Manager
- Technical Manager
- Services Administration Manager
- Policy Coordinator
- Project Scheduler
- Business Analyst
- Records Manager
- Planning Manager
- Quality Manager
CERTIFICATE OF ACCREDITATION
All attendees to a Brightstar course receive a Certificate of Accreditation acknowledging their training and their journey to New Skills, New Thinking.
Independent research has verified that this recognition is highly valued by your employees.