Safe Warehousing - Warehouse Safety, Policies & Procedures
Your warehouse & stores are amongst the most dangerous places in your organisation for people to work. There, a mixture of operators, automation equipment, forklifts & large vehicles come together. Fatigue & shiftwork can also be at play. And now there is also new technology (like autonomous warehouse equipment & lines) which needs to be understood. It is vital that you have a safety plan so that the risk of accident & injury is minimised.
This informative training course will help you understand how to improve the safe operations of any warehouse by implementing safety policies & procedures. It will assist you to develop best practice health & safety procedures & a culture built on a proactive approach to safety.
Unsafe practices in your warehouse expose your organisation to great risk, cost & reputational damage. Learn how to plan & implement the best safety policies & procedures in your warehouse by attending this course, led by our renown training facilitator Keith Robinson.
Key Learning Outcomes
- Appreciate the importance of warehouse safety to the overall organisation
- Learn how to assess & manage risk in your warehouse
- Gain guidelines to warehouse safety policies & procedures
- Managing, recording & reporting safety related incidents
- Documenting your safety records
- Thinking about safety throughout the total operation of the warehouse
- An appreciation of the many safety risks that are in the warehouse and outside loading areas
- Safety risk assessments
- How to improve safety in your warehouse
- Creating a safety culture
- Steps to forming & writing warehouse safety policies & procedures
- Incident management & reporting
- Record keeping & documentation
This Course is Designed for
- Warehouse managers, supervisors & senior staff
- Supply chain professionals
- Logistics managers & supervisors
- Procurement & purchasing executives
- Production & manufacturing managers
CERTIFICATE OF ACCREDITATION
All attendees to a Brightstar course receive a Certificate of Accreditation acknowledging their training and their journey to New Skills, New Thinking.
Independent research has verified that this recognition is highly valued by your employees.