VBA for Financial Professionals
Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) adds functionality to Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Outlook and Word allowing custom programming and automation to be included for preparing financial models. VBA allows the busy finance professional to increase efficiency and accuracy as well as providing more flexibility to what you can achieve with your data.
This course has been designed for intermediate level users who are already quite familiar with Excel and may already have some basic VBA knowledge. Containing a high level of hands-on practical work, this course follows the standard VBA lifecycle, demonstrating stages in the development of answers to a set of practical exercises. The core focus of this course is on MS Excel and learning everything that you will need to know when creating financial spreadsheets.
Key Learning Outcomes:
- Learn what Visual Basic for Applications is, and what you can do with it
- Be able to record macros, link to keys and use them to improve productivity
- Know how to create and edit your own code
- Be able to perform data analytics and reporting efficiently and accurately using VBA
- Techniques to create dashboards, wizards and shared macros to allow different user groups to easily access data and reports
- How to create objects, properties and methods for your code
- Ways to improve efficiency in your business processes by creating loops to repeat common tasks
- Learn how to test, improve and debug your code
- Discover how to use VBA to share data and integrate workflows between databases and other applications
Who Should Attend:
- Management Accountants
- Management Reporters
- Financial Planners
- Budgeting/Forecasting Managers
- Corporate finance teams
- Finance Managers, Analysts and Administrators
- Financial Business Analysts and Advisors
- Financial Controllers
- Planning Analyst
- Finance Directors
- Strategic Planning Manager
- CEOs, Managing Directors & General Managers
CERTIFICATE OF ACCREDITATION
All attendees to a Brightstar course receive a Certificate of Accreditation acknowledging their training and their journey to New Skills, New Thinking.
Independent research has verified that this recognition is highly valued by your employees.